ArtBizJam – designed for the professional artist!
ArtBizJam 2017 – October 3 – October 8
This unique art jam will focus on both maximizing your business and rejuvenating your creativeness! You will be laughing, learning, creating, networking, making new friends and having an amazing and memorable experience in the beautiful setting of Cedar Crest Lodge, a beautiful Kansas country Inn.
October is one of the best times to visit – the weather is mild, and the breathtaking views of this 100+ acre property will give you an infusion of inspiration and creativity .
You will have 3 product directors from major giftware companies talk about using licensed art for product development plus much more. You will also learn how to create a cohesive collection – how to research, create, apply, present and market your work.
The full class schedule will be announced soon.
- A tour of DEMDACO, a leading giftware company located in Kansas City. We will be guests of DEMDACO to receive a special behind the scenes tour of their office and studio and to join them for lunch. The tour will be on Wednesday, October 4. An extra day is added to ArtBizJam this year to accomodate the tour.
- All meals are included each day. Cedar Crest Lodge will provide 3 delicious meals each day, a multi-course breakfast each morning, a delicious lunch and dinner. The majority of their produce is grown organically on-site to give extra flavor and nutrition.
- 3 product developers will join ArtBizJam as guest instructors in addition to two experienced licensing artists. They will give you valuable information on working with manufacturers and getting your art licensed.
- A wine party will be held the first day so that you can get acquainted with other art jammers and the teachers.
- Wine will be provided in the evenings each night.
- You will be encouraged to show off your creativeness and make a name tag in advance. Show it during a “Show and Tell” at the wine party. A winner will be awarded a prize for the most unique name tag.
- An optional portfolio review (for a low nominal fee) that is very in-depth by several instructors. We will suggest companies would be a good fit for your work, ways you could format your portfolio to best present your art and missing themes that are needed for a successful portfolio and more. (Note that if you register by June 3, you will receive a portfolio review at no charge.)
- There will be free time time to enjoy the area, which is on a 100+ acre property with breathtaking views, scenic walking trails among trees and ponds, and an outdoor pool. You can network or enjoy other fun activities as you like, to explore the area or simply to relax. Spa treatments are also available at the lodge (an extra fee applies and a reservation is needed).
- You will receive an “ArtBizJam” goodie bag filled with goodies during registration. A supply list will be furnished to you prior to the Jam for supplies that you may want to bring with you to work on an idea for a collection.
- A goodbye event will be held at the end of ArtBizJam for an evening of fun with your new friends. However there will be networking and fun events each night.
- You be invited to join a private ArtBizJam Facebook page where we keep in touch and network all year and share comaraderie and good news. If you have a question or need advise, just ask the ABJ group for an answer. Everyone is caring, loving and sharing and the ABJ attendees have become an ABJ “family”.
- Bunches of extras and surprises (of the good kind!).
Please sign up for our newsletter for information on our next annual ArtBizJam in 2017