ArtBizJam 2017 – The Business and Creative Lineup!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3
Arrival and Registration
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4
Tour of Demdaco, a top gift manufacturer, in Kansas City
Meet and Greet – Evening event to meet and socialize with your fellow attendees.
THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5 – 7
Indepth topics covered by 3 top experienced product directors for gift and licensing, Laura Pagley, Julie Puntch and Linda Simpson, will give you a wealth of information including:
- How they discover the next hot item, trend, or artistic property and how they inspire themselves plus a showing of multimillion dollar brands.
- What artists impress them and why. Examples of thinking in 3D; thinking about merchandising, and going beyond flat art, portfolio-iPad and many other thoughts.
- Agent vs. artist self representation – pros and cons, license agreements and what to be aware of.
- Thinking outside the box and branding – what goes into the marketing/branding of a product.
- Corporate time lines – when and how you should present for seasonal and everyday.
- Crap happens – all the things that can alter, change or cancel development of a product.
- Working in China – what is happening in China and how to work directly with factories.
- Future of licensing – where is it heading?
- Alternate sources of income for artists.
- How to stay fresh, inspired and on-trend.
Creative time will be led by experienced licensed artists Lori Siebert and Phyllis Dobbs:
- Learn the step-by-step process of the development of a collection. Each artist will begin a collection to be completed when they return to their studios.
- Learn how to create an exact repeat in both Photoshop and Illustrator that you can use for fabrics, giftware, plus many other uses.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8
Goodbyes and hugs! Warning: You will return home with new friendships, a creative and caring network and full of creative energy!
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. Albert Schweitzer (1875 -1965)